Parts Department / Port Hinge Screw /
- Originally Lock-Tight coated.
- Screw for port friction hinge
- ** Now screw comes non-coated! Should be installed with Green or Red Lock-Tite
|Image||Description||Price||QTY||Total||Add to cart|
Port Hinge Screw
Allen Cap Screw for Port Hinge
Replaces worn screws
Nylon Washers for Friction Hinge
(1) Kit, baggie with several washers
Installation is Easy!
These screws are the secret to our friction style hinge. They create friction, with the Nylon Washers to keep the port lid open at any angle (Washers Sold Seperately).
The original screws have been installed usign Lock-Tite; they are not to be removed unless adjustment is necessary. Warning: You risk shearing the hinge screw unless proper steps are followed. This will result in port replacement.
If the Screw is loose or the Port Lid won't stay open, chances are the Lock-Tite has broken down. Simply remove the existing screw, and reinstall it with fresh Lock-Tite. Keep the Port CLOSED for 24 Hrs. to allow the Lock-Tite to set.
1) Lock-tite will disolve with heat.
A Heat Gun should be used (a torch / open flame can be dangerous inside a boat). 116 Degree's Celcius (240F), or 41 Ft/Lbs. of Torque will be needed to free the screw.
2) Replace Nylon Washers, and Screw as needed. Take care to reinstall it with fresh Lock-Tite. Keep the Port CLOSED for 24 Hrs. to allow the Lock-Tite to set.